KENWOOD   DAIRY   RESTORATION  TRUST

 

Kenwood Farm Cottages

 

 
11 June 1951

‘Dear Sir (sic)


Kenwood Farm Cottages; Iveagh Bequest, Kenwood


The above building was formerly a pair of farm cottages erected towards the end of the 18th Century en suite with the dairy buildings which are inhabited and in good repair, and other farm buildings which have disappeared. The farm has special interest as an early example of a ‘model farm’ and is frequently mentioned in the 18th century account book preserved in the Mansion. For this reason, the Town planning Committee of this Council has added the building to its list of buildings having architectural, historical, artistic or antiquarian interest.
The building which was in good repair up to 1939, is well constructed of stock brick and roofed with heavy Westmorland green slates. From the architectural and historical aspects it is most desirable that the building should be sympathetically restored. A scheme has been proposed for its reinstatement and conversion in to two residences for Parks dept staff….’

 


Letter 11.6.51 from Robert H. Matthew Architect to the Council to Miss Burge Secretary, Ministry of Local Government and Planning, Whitehall.

 

 

 

Registered Charity no 1122681

Home      News      Story      Future      Gallery      Giving       Contact      Location